Sunday, June 6, 2010

Détente

It looks like the copper trick is working. My gelatinous garden guests have stopped their beanicide for the time being.

Here's one of my trout beans, up with nary a nibble. I can't really relax just yet though (there's a nun involved, remember?) so I give the garden a quick patrol in the morning, evening, and when it's raining just to make sure no one has breached the defences. I've found one or two determined souls, but nothing like what I was dealing with before. I still see them cruising around elsewhere in the garden, but there is no serious damage on anything. In fact, I have no idea what they're eating instead. I'll probably find out when some giant tree crashes to the ground, or the house collapses, and I'll see that they're all under there.

Elsewhere in the garden, the cavolo nero that is setting seed is also sending up a new batch of leaves. How's that for a trooper? Looks like there will be some braised kale on the menu tonight.

And, the sage has started to flower. Lovely stuff.

I hope you've found a way to enjoy this rainy day. The slugs sure like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment